Air conditioning / Refrigeration engineer – Southwest -Permanent
Pivotal construction recruitment is working alongside a rapidly growing Mechanical Engineering contractor based in Bristol. They are seeking a skilled operative to join their team as an Air conditioning / Refrigeration engineer.
Performing both planned a reactive maintenance as well as assisting on installations on a verity of domestic and commercial retail premises throughout the Southwest.
It’s crucial to have a positive outlook and be eager to pursue excellence, quality, and safety. The successful candidate will need to deal with people at all levels, including our clients, therefore in addition to their practical talents, they should also have outstanding communication skills.
Our client is a rapidly expanding company with a long history of winning lucrative contracts in the building services industry. Our mission is to deliver the greatest building services possible to help our clients optimise their structures and equipment for the future. We achieve this through innovation, top-notch craftsmanship, and a commitment to health and safety in all they do.
- Permanent full-time job requiring 42.5 hours per week of work (plus overtime)
- To handle all repairs, maintenance, and breakdowns for different split, multi-split, and central air conditioning systems.
- Communicate with the help desk about work requests.
- In charge of providing emergency services to various properties.
Working in a customer-focused workplace where quality and service are key, ensuring that every activity is carried out to the highest standard of workmanship and safety, being available for occasional weekend work, and collaborating with FM, projects, planned, and reactive maintenance teams
Experience working in retail, manufacturing, and a variety of commercial settings. Manufacturer training. Experience working with split, multi-split, and central air conditioning systems. F-Gas. Knowledge of servicing, maintenance, breakdown, and installation/commissioning. Electrical training. RAMS & PTW working knowledge and experience.
- A customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility for reactive duties
- Full driving licence
- DBS check
- Ability to follow manufacturer’s instructions
- Experience in a variety of maintenance roles
- High level of attention to detail
- A customer-focused attitude
- Health and safety awareness
- Working knowledge of social housing
- Working knowledge of a mobile workforce
- Proven track record working with suppliers and customers
- Initiative-taking and enthused team member
- Superb communication abilities
Paid travel to the job site with a fully expensed corporate van. Company tablet, phone, or paid cost for using personal device. 28 days of vacation. Support for maintaining and purchasing new tools. Salary of £40K plus. Excellent overtime rates of time & half and double time. PRP bonuses.
Access to our client’s industry-leading proprietary Skill Build framework for full career growth
Participating in a welcoming and expanding team and having a keen interest in people development
If suitable for this role, please contact Matty in Pivotal Construction recruitment’s Bristol office on 0117 450 1515 or 07549128154 or apply with your CV
Dovetail and Slate Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.