In this exciting new role, the ideal candidate will have previous extensive experience in the procurement of goods and services, preferably in the construction industry. You will be an experienced negotiator and have the ability to develop strong supplier relationships that will in turn deliver an efficient procurement service to the business to support the delivery of all future construction projects on time and on budget.
The successful individual will report directly to the Managing Director and the General Manager. You will also work closely with the project team co-ordinating internal resources as well as liaising with external third-party suppliers and contractors for the flawless execution of projects. The position will be interesting, varied and challenging, with excellent future prospects aligned with the company growth plans.
- Procurement of materials, services and sub-contractor packages (from steels frames, steel cladding, kitchens, internal finishes, carpentry to M&E services and all other fixtures required to support the delivery of all in house construction projects on time and within allocated budgets
- Negotiate the best rates to ensure all materials and labour are sourced at the best prices
- Create procurement schedules in line with construction programmes
- Ordering of materials and raising of purchase orders for projects
- Prepare competitive tender packages and ensure procure within the budget set-out
- Identify cost saving opportunities and efficiencies to suggest and ensure business savings
- Communicate and liaise with MD, GM & Project Managers to update on procurement progress
- Identification of potential new suppliers, products and services at the best prices
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years buying experience in a similar role within the construction industry
- Strong negotiation skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Confident in using MS Office suite (word, excel, PowerPoint & MS Project)
- A hands-on, can-do attitude, with ability to work well individually or as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills
Preferred experience, but not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the commercial construction industry and construction materials
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary subject to experience
- 6 weeks paid annual leave (this includes the usual public holidays in England and Wales)
- Free on-site parking
Pivotal Construction Services Limited trading as Pivotal Construction Recruitment (12931072) acts as an Employment Agency and is a subsidiary of Talentia Group.