Job Title: Deputy Facilities Manager – Prison
- Location: South London
- Type:Full-time | Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
Pivotal construction recruitment is collaborating with an established facilities management company who operate across the UK as well as internationally. They are seeking an enthusiastic Deputy Facilities Manager to join them on a permanent full time basis, working Monday – Friday.
If successful, you will be joining a progressive company within a team of 5 managers, looking after 18 engineers across Mechanical and Electrical maintenance, within a single Category B facility.
- Assist in the development of maintenance plans that ensure that the establishment is safe and compliant both with statutory requirements and with the requirements of the contract.
- Plan and programme maintenance activities according to the programme held in the CAFM system and prioritising work in a hierarchy of safety, compliance, and contractual requirements.
- Allocate work according to the demands of the maintenance plan to trades staff on a daily basis.
- Maintain and seek to improve the safety culture and health/wellbeing within the team.
- Organise the operation in a highly effective manner, ensuring that planned and reactive maintenance is delivered in accordance with contractual demands.
- Monitors spend and financial commitments in line with policy and guidance, produce spend data as and where required.
- Within the remit of delegated authority, make decisions on operational matters in the absence of the Facilities Manager to ensure that all planned and reactive works and other aspects of FM are delivered.
- Hold a full mechanical or electrical qualification: Either
-Approved Electrician (JIB) with 18th edition or with City & Guilds or Equivalent mechanical qualification e.g. Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Gas etc
- Experience of managing HVAC systems using a BMS (Trend or Honeywell would be an advantage).
- Qualified as an Approved Person for permitted work and understanding of how to control contractors.
- Have demonstratable experience of managing diverse teams of qualified, skilled, and semi-skilled staff.
- Proven experience of managing workflow and supervising work to achieve desired outcomes in terms of quality and productivity.
- Experience in a variety of HVAC and electrical systems and fault finding and diagnosis of common faults and rectifying them.
- The work is meaningful and vital, the nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that touch people’s lives.
- Learning and development opportunities
- You will be apart of a motivated team who are encouraging and want everyone to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What they offer:
- A salary of £42,848 Per Annum
- £125 on the week you are required to carry the on call phone , this is 1 in 12 weeks
- Pension – 6%
- Bike4Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services/prisons sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- company Benefits package
If this role is of interest, please apply via the link and we will be in touch. Alternatively you can contact Chris Duggan at Pivotal Construction Recruitment to discuss the role in more detail.
PIVOTAL RECRUITMENT LTD acts as an employment agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).
Pivotal Construction Services Limited trading as Pivotal Construction Recruitment (12931072) acts as an Employment Agency and is a subsidiary of Talentia Group.