Our client is one of the largest electrical contractors in the new build housing sector, wiring homes on behalf of the leading house builders. Established for over 25 years, they have built a powerful reputation for high quality and customer service. You will play an important part in helping us maintain this.
This is a varied role assisting the QA Manager with our drive to maximise the quality of work conducted by their on-site electrical teams, achieving compliance with the Wiring Regulations and company procedures and reducing the need for Customer Care callouts whilst ensuring their workforce are given clear, consistent guidance on expectations.
The successful applicant will cover all of their South West branches, predominantly Devon & Cornwall.
If you are an experienced, self-motivated electrician with an in-depth knowledge of domestic installations, this is a fantastic opportunity to further your career within the industry.
This role covers a broad range of responsibilities:
- Conducting in-person quality audits of the work of their electrical teams on numerous sites in line with the priorities determined by the QA Manager.
* Providing constructive feedback relating to the findings of quality audits to the team directly, explaining any improvements that could be made.
* Checking and signing off the team’s Plot Verification Audits to confirm standards have been achieved.
* Providing reports regarding faulty workmanship or material failures to the QA Manager.
* Contributing to regular discussions regarding training needs for electricians and suggesting other solutions to increase the quality of workmanship.
* Holding technical tool box talks with electricians to help with upskilling and continued improvement of knowledge and standards.
* Using every site visit as an opportunity to strengthen customer relationships and build confidence in their workmanship and quality assurance procedures.
- Fully qualified electrician – NVQ3 or equivalent (eligible for JIB Gold Card).
* Extensive experience of domestic new-build electrical installation, with a good understanding of the various stages of electrical fixes on site.
* Experience in a management or supervisory role/training others would be useful.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Confident communicator, capable of adapting communication style to liaise with people at all levels effectively and provide feedback in a manner that will be well received.
* Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and taking every opportunity to improve it.
* Strong organisational skills, including the ability to time manage and prioritise effectively
* Self-motivation and drive to work as productively as possible and achieve targets set.
* Good IT skills, including basic Excel.
* Strong written skills.
* Flexibility to travel to any site as required, although site visits will usually be within own region.