Job Title: Mechanical Project Manager
- Location: Covering the South West
- Starting Salary: Circa £47k-£55k + Car
- Type: Full-time | Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
Innotech Partners are collaborating with an established Contractor who specialise design, installation and maintenance services for electrical, heating, plumbing, fire and security systems. They are seeking an enthusiastic Mechanical Project Manager to join them on a permanent full time basis.
If successful, you will be joining a progressive company within a team of around 130 engineers and managers working across the Wiltshire and the surrounding counties. The standard hours are 45 hours a week Monday – Friday and overtime is plentiful if and when you would like to pick it up.
Work as a team, to manage and deliver a portfolio of installation projects, within the construction industry, of varying values, from pre-construction handover through to successful completion. To undertake financial and risk management ensuring projects are profitable and that Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Compliance is maintained, whilst delivering a great customer service.
- Deliver projects to programme timelines and on budget, identifying and leveraging business opportunities to maximise profitability through good procurement practices, efficient labour management and liaison with the QS function
- Deliver a quality service, identifying customer requirements and delivering tailored, cost-effective solutions whilst building long term relationships
- Lead projects driving a ‘Safety First’ culture ensuring full Health and Safety management and compliance
- Manage all project resources including labour, materials and time effectively to maximise profitable delivery
- Create and encourage project pauses to analyse if the correct course of action is being taken and take the appropriate action where required
- Manage sub-contract partners to deliver high quality work on time, first time
- Attend and participate in Contracts Manager meetings to continuously improve how Contracts Managers deliver their roles
- Ensure compliance with companies policies and procedures ensuring that appropriate forms and documentation are produced, approved, processed and align with main contractor and client documentation
- Build strong relations with the client’s team, sub-contractors, our delivery team and other key stakeholders to ensure open and positive lines of communication
- Produce accurate management information, project reports and attend project/contract review meetings both internally and externally to facilitate timely and informed project plans, financial projections and business decisions
- Produce statutory documentation for each project and ensure they are properly communicated, including to any sub-contractors and other supply chain partners
- Deliver projects in line with the contract financial targets in order to meet project objectives. This will include, regular tracking of orders placed, labour used, required hours, costs to completion and the reporting of financial status monthly
- Deliver projects in line with the contract documentation, undertake regular site visits and attend meetings with clients/main contractor to track progress, resolve queries and problem solve
- Manage the production of accurate project documentation including programme plans, variations, pricing, technical submissions, RFI’s, O&M manuals and respond to requests for information as required with the support of the administration teams
- Carry out staff probation reviews, return to work interviews and performance and development appraisals for direct reports inputting to annual objective setting, training and development programs as required.
- A proven track record of delivering projects within the appropriate engineering sector.
- Capable planner and organiser, with a proven track record of delivering results based on a quality focus.
- A sound knowledge of Health and Safety, policies, processes and procedures
- People smart: has the ability to work cooperatively with others in groups, as well as the ability to communicate, verbally and non-verbally with others
- IT literate – comfortable with new technology and a digital approach, well-disciplined when it comes to electronic filing
- A collaborative team player, who is comfortable managing both internal teams and external contractors
- A proven background in forging and maintaining key relationships
- Clear and confident with written and verbal communication
- Commercial awareness covering project budgets and accounting
- The ability to carry out detailed surveys of installations and write up findings is advantageous but not essential.
- Starting salary Circa £47k-£55k + Car allowance or company car.
- Holiday – 25 days + 8 days Bank Holidays
- Hybrid optional
- Opportunity to earn overtime
- Company mobile and laptop
- Progression opportunities
- Pension contribution
- Full training by a supportive friendly team.
If this role is of interest, please apply via the link and we will be in touch. Alternatively, you can contact Chris Duggan at Innotech Partners to discuss the role in more detail.
INNOTECH PARTNERS acts as an employment agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).
Pivotal Construction Services Limited trading as Pivotal Construction Recruitment (12931072) acts as an Employment Agency and is a subsidiary of Talentia Group.