Mobile commercial gas engineer – Plymouth
Pivotal construction recruitment is working alongside a well-established M&E contractor seeking to grow their team with skilled mobile commercial gas engineers.
The work will involve PPM, Fault finding, reactive and breakdowns, quoting for repair and remedial works to various types of boilers and heating systems.
A successful applicant will have good all-round knowledge and understanding of HVCA plant and would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks as well as core combustion skills. We will be required to work within a dedicated team of mobile engineers across the southwest region, so an open mind to travel will be essential.
This role is being offered at £35,000-£40,000 per annum with company vehicle, standard holidays, pension, and clear routes to progress within the business.
Gas qualifications in:
- Comb analysis, gas boilers under and over 70kw, pipework, warm air, gas fires, range cookers, air heating, water CH, commercial and domestic gas qualifications
- Excellent gas knowledge complete with an industry recognised qualification
- COCN1 or CODNCO1 (Core Commercial Gas Safety)
- CDGA1 (Commercial Direct Fired Heating Appliances)
- CIGA1 (Commercial Indirect Fire Heating Appliances and Equipment)
- CORT1 (Commercial Radiant Tube Heaters)
- ICPN1 (First Fix Commercial Pipework)
- TPCP1 (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1)
- TPCP1A (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1A)
- CCN1 or COCDN1 (Core Domestic Gas Safety
- CENWAT (Domestic Central Heating/Water Heaters)
- CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analyser)
- F Gas qualifications (Desirable)
- C&G Refrigerant Safe Handling (Desirable)
- Plumbing qualification (Desirable)
- WRAS (Desirable)
- G3 Unvented hot water (Desirable)
- Domestic Gas (Desirable)
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend toolbox talks
- Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
- Complete a daily work log with the company system.
- Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Lead Engineer as required.
- Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
- Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
- Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
- Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
- Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
- Take ownership of the client’s needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
- Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
- Be available to attend emergency call outs and provide written incident
- reports as required.
- Co-ordinate and manage all sub-contractor’s activity relating to works undertaken
- Provide cover for Supervisor when required, i.e., holidays, sickness
- Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, risk assessments, method statements etc. and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company health and safety policy.
- Will be required to work OOH cover as part of a call out rota in the region
Ideal candidate attributes
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
IDEAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Comprehensive knowledge, both domestic and commercial of most major manufactures i.e Valliant, Powermatic, Riello, Broag, Combat, Ambi-Rad, Ideal, Potterton, Nu Way and Worcester etc.
- Good all-round knowledge of heating systems, fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- Good plumbing skills.
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients’ requirements. Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota. Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude.
- A good knowledge of all building services
- Competent level of administration and organisational skills
- Minimum 2 years’ practical experience within the building industry
- Driving licence
- Compliance with company and site policies and procedures
- Compliance with smoking, alcohol, and drug free company policy
- To wear company attire at all times
- Ability to work overtime as required
If interested in this role, please apply with your CV and contact Matty on 07549 128154 or contact the Bristol office on 0117 450 1515