Job Title: Mobile Mechanical Engineer
- Locations include Sutton, Greater London
- Salary: Circa £42k
- Type: Full-time | Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
Pivotal construction recruitment is collaborating with an established Maintenance contractor who specialise in commercial facilities maintenance. They are seeking an enthusiastic Mobile Mechanical Engineer to join them on a permanent full time, basis working Monday – Friday. 40 hours a week.
If successful, you will be joining a progressive company within a team of engineers working across the Greater London and surrounding on a wide range of projects including offices, shops, other large facilities and MOD sites. They have multiple skilled engineers who operate within their areas so if successful you will be completing mobile work in a select patch as an individual and within teams. This role includes generous benefits progression opportunities.
The role is to provide a variety of general maintenance and reactive services and corrective works on buildings, plant and sites.
Skills and experience:
- Essential that you have experience working within plant rooms and have excellent communication skills.
- Full current driving licence with no more than 3 points.
The successful candidate should ideally possess the following:
- A sound knowledge of mechanical engineering and the ability to carry out planned and un-planned safety inspection and maintenance work on mechanical plant and associated equipment in accordance with FSG20 and the like.
- To have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a recognised qualification e.g. City & Guild, BTEC, NVQ level 3 in a mechanical engineering discipline as a minimum qualification
- Experience of selecting and installing a wide range of pipework types and systems
- The ability to read and understand schematic drawings in order to carry out effective fault finding and diagnostics.
- Experience of working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Electrical principals appropriate to actuation of mechanical systems and plant
- Experience of working with pumps (DOL and inverter driven) and capable of undertaking fault finding / repairs when necessary
- Experience of Health & Safety procedures relevant to engineering activities and the safe handling of heavy equipment
- Willing and able to work in a varied, multi-skilled role, assisting other trades as and when required.
- Experience of PPM systems of work
- Produce details of time and materials required for any minor works for quoting purposes
- Ability to provide job updates and reports in a timely fashion, including all necessary technical detail needed to enable correct remedial works when required
- 40 Hours Per week
- Over Time available (but not guaranteed)
- 28 days Holiday including Bank Holidays
- Company Van and fuel card
- Work Wear
- Private Medical
- Company Phone
The successful candidate will be required to pass Home Office Security Vetting (SC).
If this role is of interest, please apply via the link and we will be in touch. Alternatively, you can contact Chris Duggan at Pivotal Construction Recruitment to discuss the role in more detail.
PIVOTAL RECRUITMENT LTD acts as an employment agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).
Pivotal Construction Services Limited trading as Pivotal Construction Recruitment (12931072) acts as an Employment Agency and is a subsidiary of Talentia Group.