Pivotal are working alongside a well established Groundworks outfit who have been running for over 50 years.
Our client is seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To produce tender quotations for various construction contracts, giving detailed analysis of the works required and how they are to be carried out by our relevant Site Manager.
- To arrange and attend pre-tender site meetings with clients requiring tender quotations;
- To arrange site meetings with subcontractors to obtain quotations for subcontracted works;
- To obtain competitive prices from various suppliers for all tender quotations to reduce costs for both ourselves and the client;
- Establish and maintain appropriate contract and supplier relationship management.
- Support the delivery of contract administration throughout the project lifecycle.
- To liaise with the Site Manager on all buying functions to ensure that the Company is obtaining the best service and value for money at all times;
- To supervise and manage the costs for various construction contracts;
- To ensure that all works are carried out to the tender requirements and the budget set out;
what we require :
- Degree qualification relevant to quantity surveying.
- 3+ years experience of managing medium to large projects.
- Minimum 5+ years in the construction industry and clear demonstration of construction knowledge.
- Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
- Relevant Health & Safety Training Certificate (SMSTS or H&S Awareness).
- CSCS Card for Role and / or other relevant safety training (Manual Handling, Asbestos Awareness, 1st aid at work etc).
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Able to influence and manage people.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Strong work ethic and desire to be part of a team.
- Strong IT skills and ability to embrace new technology and systems.
- Demonstrable experience in managing commercial aspects of utility and civils related projects or works
- Practical approach, logical thought process and a methodical way of working. Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Experience in the position or similar role.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of standard forms of construction contract (preferably including NEC suite of contracts).
- A Full driving licence.
Package to include company vehicle
If you are interested in the role or finding out more click apply now, or email
Because education matters. Dovetail and Slate Limited (11351060) acts as an Employment Agency.