Our client is a fun, creative and forward-thinking Bristol based building contractor. Committed to building extraordinary homes, we aspire to challenge traditional construction industry stereotypes and have a great time in the process.
While they are always on the lookout for talented people with passion and enthusiasm for what we do, this particular someone will be a dynamic, motivated, and proactive individual who is a skilled multi-trader. Providing a strategic, insightful and honest perspective, you will work with the team and the likeminded creative craftspeople and professionals we engage with, in order to help us operate successfully and deliver the very best experience for our clients.
WHO THEY ARE LOOKING FOR:
* A Quantity Surveyor, ideally with at least 2 years experience to join the team of surveyors.
* Show the desire and willingness to keep learning and make improvements.
* Be kind to your peers and show integrity.
* Set a good example for the project teams and supply chain in how you go about your role and how you communicate with people.
* Take pride in your work and respect the client’s processes.
* Show respect and equality to all colleagues, creating an inclusion work environment.
* Takes pride in everything they do, including the administration.
* A valid full UK driving licence.
* Your own vehicle, insured for business use.
* The right to work in the UK.
CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Estimating and tendering of projects.
* Build cost advice for design commissions.
* Buying of materials and supplies.
* Procurement of trades and consultants.
* Contract administration.
* Cost control of projects from order to completion.
* Cashflow management.
* Contract negotiation, documentation and legal agreements.
* Developing and maintaining supply chain for trades, suppliers and consultants.
* Production of presentation and bid documents.
* Management of sub-consultants and specialist designers.
* Production of fee proposals for architectural commissions.
* Client and stakeholder engagement.
* Appraisals and concepts for development opportunities.
* Assisting the site and office teams as necessary.
* Identify work opportunities and competitions
Over and above the job description:
* Talent, passion and enthusiasm! But if they’re being frank, being a nice person and having a sense of humour is top of the list.
* A flexible can-do attitude.
* Excellent communication and people skills, and the ability to bring energy and positivity to the workplace.
* Great interpersonal skills to build relationships both internally and with the clients professional partners, supply chain and clients.
WHAT WE OFFER AS STANDARD:
Competitive salary depending on experience.
25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
5% pension contribution scheme.
Our client loves what they do and want to create an enjoyable company to work in, with and for. These aren’t instead of, they’re as well as:
They want everyone in the team to be brilliant at what they do. They can suggest training and development but they’d love it if you told us what else you needed.
The office has a great family-run deli and coffee shop, a games room and a free gym. In the office we’ve got great coffee, a full fridge plus breakfast and biscuits. There’s darts, an Xbox and a pool table too.
Your birthday is a time to celebrate (or recover) so you can have the day off on them.
They arrange social events based on a joint decision within the team. They’re off cider tasting soon plus we have a boat trip coming up.
PIVOTAL RECRUITMENT LTD acts as an employment agency (perm) and an Employment Business (temp/contract).
Pivotal Construction Services Limited trading as Pivotal Construction Recruitment (12931072) acts as an Employment Agency and is a subsidiary of Talentia Group.