Job title: Approved Electrician (Renewables)
Job Location: Exeter & Southwest areas
Starting salary: £30,000 – £49,000 per annum
Job type: Full-time permanent
Start date: Immediate.
Pivotal construction recruitment is excited to announce our partnership with a well-established, but rapidly growing energy services company based in Exeter.
They seek an experienced Approved Electrician to join their installation division on a permanent basis.
Set up in 2005, with over 50 employees in their business, they seek to expand their install division with passionate electricians who care about their development. With opportunities to progress into team leaders and quality managers, as well as developing your qualifications in the renewables sector!
- Starting salary of £30,000-£49,000 (Dependant on experience)
- Company vehicle
- Fuel card
- Discounts on renewables energy products
- Pension scheme
- Progression into team leader position and quality management positions.
- Supportive company culture
Our client has two sectors in their installation division. Commercial and Domestic.
- Domestic Electricians – Travelling across Exeter & Southwest regions.
- Commercial Electricians – Travelling across all areas of the UK.
- Installing solar panels
- Solar panel connections
- Carrying out electrical work to the highest standard, including installation, maintenance and fault finding.
- Setting standards of health and safety and acceptable behaviour on site
- Being open to changing into the commercial, domestic or maintenance division
- Standard 40 hours a week, 7am – 5pm Monday to Friday, with Overtime on weekend and after 45 site hours worked. (Overtime rate at Time half)
- Facing customers and working alongside new and existing clientele
What are they looking for?
Our client is looking for the right people to join their business. They understand the renewables industry is growing and can offer lots of great packages. They seek someone with drive and a passion to not only work hard, but to actually have an impact on the current climate.
They seek someone experienced, responsible, trustworthy and has a strong work ethic.
Any applicants with existing solar experience will be advantageous within the interview process. But they are more impressed with someone who is loyal and driven to progress within the business.
Ideal skills / qualifications:
- At least 2 years’ experience as a qualified electrician
- Approved electrician status desirable
- Ability to mentor an apprentice/mate.
- Experience installing solar PV, car chargers and battery storage highly
- Trained to 18th edition.
- Level 3 award in the installation of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems desirable
- SMSTS/ SSSTS training (Site Manager Safety Training Scheme/ Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme) desirable
- Working at heights and asbestos awareness training desirable
- ECS / JIB card
- Full clean driving licence
If suitable for this role, apply with your CV and please contact Matty at Pivotal Construction Recruitment’s Bristol office on 0117 450 1515 or 07549 128154.
Pivotal Construction Services Limited trading as Pivotal Construction Recruitment (12931072) acts as an Employment Agency and is a subsidiary of Talentia Group.